Search

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Elle Macpherson: the real reason I look hot on the school run



The Australian supermodel is regularly photographed looking catwalk-ready as she ferries her younger son to the school gates.


However, Macpherson has insisted that she only looks that way because she is on her way to work and denied that she makes a special effort to look like the ultimate "yummy mummy".
"I find it amusing that so much is made about my appearance, especially when I'm dropping my son off at school. I'm often on the way to work, so I've spent two hours having my hair and make-up done, and I'm wearing 'work clothes'.
"It takes ten minutes to get ready otherwise - I don't wear make-up, high heels and leather trousers in everyday life," Macpherson, 48, told Radio Times .
The model, nicknamed "The Body", is mother to Aurelius Cy, eight, and Arpad Flynn, 13. She has a busy career, with a best-selling underwear business and a job presentingBritain's Next Top Model .
A recent study by Mumsnet, the parenting website, identified the "Unfeasibly Glam Mum" as one of the banes of the school run. Macpherson's fellow supermodel, Claudia Schiffer, and Gwyneth Paltrow are serial offenders.
Kirstie Allsopp, the Location Location Location presenter, has children at the same school as Schiffer's offspring. She once despaired: "There is a certain person whose child goes to my child's school and I've never seen her looking anything but immaculate. She's always in the press on the walk to school.
"A friend said, 'The photographers are not there for you', but they're not going to say, 'We won't take your picture, Kirstie, because you rushed to school looking God-awful, harried and hot'. They still take the odd snap."
SOURCE: telegraph.co.uk

No comments: