Search

Thursday 28 July 2011

A Big B deal for Deepika

boly1.jpg
Deepika Padukone is very upbeat about continuing her success streak with the soon-to-be-released Aarakshan. On the personal front too, the actress seems to be happy with her constant companion Sidhartha Mallya. She shares some interesting nuggets about her journey with superstars and of course her special friend Sidhartha.
On her return with Saif: Yes, now we are part of a more dramatic journey in Aarakshan. But even in Love Aaj Kal, we weren’t really the quintessential romantic souls. Remember how we broke up in the very opening sequence of the film?
On choosing a serious subject like reservation: Well, if you look at my track record, I have done a number of films with a strong subject line, within commercial parameters. I believe that a film can be entertaining even without those regular song and dance affairs.
On her confidence in Aarakshan: Whether a film is in the right direction or not is something that you get to know only when it releases. However, one thing that I am very sure of is that the team’s intentions were honest from the start.
On her journey from Shah Rukh Khan (Om Shanti Om) to Amitabh Bachchan (Aarakshan): Just like Shah Rukh, Mr Bachchan was equally nice to me and made me very comfortable. But still, as the camera starts rolling and you are mouthing your dialogues, you are constantly wondering if he is judging your performance. I think it is indeed a big deal to be actually looking into his eyes and saying your lines. Trust me, it isn’t easy.
On Sidhartha Mallya: I don’t like to hide facts. But earlier when I presumed that the media would respect my privacy, I was disappointed. That’s why now, I’m a lot more careful about what I let out regarding my personal life.
Source: The Asian Age

No comments: