'Stop the long baths' is the advice from experts for those suffering winter skin conditions. 'Stop the long baths' is the advice from experts for those suffering winter skin conditions.
I've got an itch. A terrible itch. It's not a contagious itch nor one souvenired from exotic climes. It's an unfair itch. It's stopping me doing what I love most at the only time of year I can really enjoy it. And it's making me scratch like a monkey.
It's what in medical terminology is called ''winter itch'' and, according to the skincare professionals, a lot of blokes suffer from it. We're a sensitive lot, after all.
Winter itch is a low-grade, barely raised rash; a type of dermatitis - nothing dramatic, nothing glamorous but as regular as clockwork come June or July. The GP says there's not much they can do about it.